Sunday, December 11, 2005
The juniors today were... a-hem, apart from a few good ones. Ahh, her gang. Yup. "Ringleader" turned up too. Haha, kidding. (: Most went for looks rather than the music, and could somebody please explain why they were facing a side wall instead of the audience and the judges? And can anybody explain the mystery of why 3 judges have to occupy the whole of the top, such that there were people standing everywhere? Ahh, must not complain. I got a seat anyway.
I only saw about 13 or 14 out of 60, but I only felt about 2 or 3 out of that whole lot were really good. And I'm assuming that'll be the ratio.
And why can't they just distribute those damned books to everybody? Not like a hundred trees are cut down for one booklet, right? At least it's for a better cause than for those people who just burn it down to clear it for their farms, and then less than a year later, they just move out like that. If you print out enough booklets for everyone, at least less people will be left in the dark, and keep having to borrow books from others. It's extremely irritating.
Ahh, so those directions were actually helpful. Thanks! (: [if you ever read this]
The thing that imprinted itself most on my mind was this piece played most horrendously by some girl composed by JS Bach. Gosh, I'm sure Bach must have turned over in his grave... I'm not trying to say that I play it oh-so-well, but at least I don't play it that way... it sounds so - Un-Bachy. Hmm. It sounds like Bach was trying to turn Romantic or something. I can't explain. Then, there was a piece by WA Mozart, equally horrible.
But well, they're Juniors. BUT THEN, at least play a decent piece... There was a piece which was really familiar... must've been from a Suzuki book. Forgot which volume. Even then... out of tune. Fine, so she didn't know how to tune. GET SOMEBODY TO TUNE IT BEFORE YOU GO ON STAGE, YOU BOZO! DON'T MAKE THE JUDGES STOP YOU TWICE WHILE PLAYING THE PIECE TO ASK YOU TO TUNE. THAT'S ABOUT THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO.
60 people. All vying for the top 3 positions, which may I add here, may not be necassarily filled.
I was nearly made to compete. It's not exactly the best feeling in the world, walking out after the quarter-finals have finished, and the results released, and you find you're not down for the semi-finals.
Rubbish, at least 50% of them were. Which is baaaad, ainnit.
Chemistry should be forced out of the school curriculum, together with physics and mathematics.
8:56 pm